Faith, Family, and Jesus
Luke 12:51-53 – Christ in Families? Why _____________?
Luke 14:25-27 – Christ in Families? Why _____________?
Jesus had a _____________ of origin. Jesus _____________ families in His life and teachings. How do we understand this tension?
Matthew 10:37-39 – Matthew has “loves _____________ than me” instead of hate.
Luke 14:25-27 – The main point is that Jesus takes ________________ in every area of your life.
The twist? Living out a commitment to Jesus’ teachings actually makes you a ______________ ______________ _____________.
Jesus as the _______________ does not devalue the family but __________________ the family in light of a larger truth.
Questions in a Box Challenge
• “How do we know God exists?”
• “Is Jesus really God’s Son? How do we know?”
• “What is your favorite verse in the Bible and why?”
• “What are some ways we can serve others?”
• “How important is it for Christians to share their faith with others?”
• “Who are your role models and why?”
• “Is there a biblical character you identify with and why?”
• “Why do you go to church?”
• “What is the difference between being a “good person” and being a Christian?”
• “What does the Bible mean to you?”
• “What do you think the purpose of the Bible is?”
• “How does someone follow Jesus? What does it look like?”
51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”
25 Large crowds were traveling with Jesus, and turning to them he said: 26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple. 27 And whoever does not carry their cross and follow me cannot be my disciple.